KEEP HOPE ALIVE – CHOOSING LIFE OVER AN EATING DISORDER
Tuesday, November 17th @ 7pm
REGISTER: https://nami-eastside.org/forums/ with Debra Hopkins, President/Founder, Breaking The Chains Foundation
Join us for an insightful, meaningful, & encouraging presentation on the aspects of hope, building an army to support that hope, and magnifying the idea there is “extraordinary” in each person. She believes full recovery and healing is possible from an eating disorder and takes a personal inside look of one’s journey by creating an enriched sense of self-efficacy, self-discovery, and self-love.
By sharing her personal experience which includes what is commonly referred to as The Alice in Wonderland syndrome, a disorienting sense of visual perception, Debra will discuss how it affected her, how she learned to overcome it, and how she came to express it in her story, “Finding Alice”.
In addition to her personal story, Debra also chats:
- What are eating disorders, the stigma & shame associated with them.
- Tapping into health & wellness within our own choices & what that means to our happiness and engaged daily living.
- Identify common feelings and emotions between body/food relationships during Covid & the holidays.
- The relationship between eating disorders & mental health
- Provide useful resources and support