Breaking The Chains Foundation presents
Guest Speaker: Debra Hopkins, BTCF President and Founder
- Keep Hope Alive: Choosing Life Over an Eating Disorder – available in 45, 60, 90 minutes including a Q & A.
- The Army of Hope – available in 30 or 45 minutes including a Q & A.
- Finding Alice – available in 30, 45, 60 minutes with or without a Q & A
Audience: For everyone, 15 years old and up. Each presentation can be tailored for specific needs.
“Keep Hope Alive: Choosing Life Over an Eating Disorder” – Join Debra for an insightful, meaningful, & encouraging presentation on the aspects of hope and magnifying the idea there is “extraordinary” in each person. She believes full recovery and healing is possible from an eating disorder and takes a personal inside look of one’s journey by creating an enriched sense of self-efficacy, self-discovery, and self-love.
In addition to her personal story, Debra also chats:
- What are eating disorders, the stigma & shame associated with them.
- Tapping into health & wellness within our own choices & what that means to our happiness and engaged daily living.
- Identify common feelings and emotions between body/food relationships during COVID
- The relationship between eating disorders & mental health
- Provide useful resources and support
“The Army of Hope” – Debra shares the importance of support, engagement, conversation, and education surrounding eating disorders, disordered eating, and negative body image. All of which include those with lived experiences, families, friends, advocates, clinical, medical, research, health, and wellness professionals. The impact of gathering together and nurturing an Army of Hope!
“Finding Alice” – Debra Hopkins shares a personal journey of her experience with what is commonly referred to as The Alice in Wonderland syndrome, a disorienting sense of visual perception. How it affected her, how she learned to overcome it, and how she came express it in her book, “Finding Alice”. Debra provides the Finding Alice book in either a vertical or horizontal version to all those who attend.
Contact us for details