Breaking The Chains Foundation (BTCF) Announces How To Love YourSelfie LIVE: March 25th 2023
Breaking The Chains Foundation (BTCF), the Los Angeles art-based nonprofit committed to the prevention of body-focused and mental well-being stigmas is holding How To Love YourSelfie LIVE on March 25th, 2023. This is an interactive event promoting positive change within social media platforms that focuses on health, wellness, and FUN in inclusive and relevant ways.
LOS ANGELES – Feb. 10, 2023 – PRLog — Research repeatedly confirms an “association between problematic social media use and negative mental health among adolescents and young adults.” – JMIR Mental Health (Shannon et al., 2022). How To Love Yourselfie LIVE is inspired by BTCF’s online evidence-based media literacy program How to Love YourSelfie (HTLYS) founded by actress Jillian Rose Reed (MTV’s Awkward), and co-created by BTCF Clinical Team.
How To Love YourSelfie goals focus on challenging the idea that there is an ideal body, increasing media literacy by bringing awareness of the negative impact of higher engagement and photo manipulation, identifying how social media habits impact body image, reducing perfectionism (a risk factor for developing an eating disorder) by increasing self-compassion, optimism, and building resilience by increasing body appreciation and maintaining good relationships.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
How To Love YourSeflie LIVE!
Saturday, March 25, 2023
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm PST
Los Angeles, CA (location and parking information will be included in ticket confirmation)
- 7 Chairs Dance Performance – created by world-renowned Choreographer/Master Teacher, Alex Little
- Cooking Demo by Celebrity NOLA Chef Gason
- Music by Celebrity Musician/Singer/Songwriter, Serena Laurel
- Interactive “Selfie” Stations
- Creative Play and Movement with Celebrity Author/Fitness Expert, Krista Stryker
- Loving Me Yoga with Wellness/Fitness Advocate & Lululemon Ambassador, Natalie Leon
- Signature HTLYS Lemonade Stand by Jillian Rose Reed
- Wellness brands, goodies, raffles, crafts, food, resources, celebs, and more!
ABOUT BREAKING THE CHAINS FOUNDATION Breaking the Chains Foundation (BTCF) is a nonprofit committed to the prevention of body-focused and mental well-being stigma through the following: Transforming research and personal stories into artistic programs aimed at increasing self-love, self-esteem, self-compassion, and self-acceptance; and Using the power of the arts to foster creativity, build connections, and create a community in which individuals can thrive. For more information, visit www.breakingthechainsfoundation.org