https://breakingthechainsfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/soup-2.png 839 1125 BTC https://breakingthechainsfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Breaking-The-Chains-Foundation-Logo-Circle-300x300.png BTC2021-06-10 10:56:432022-01-10 10:57:24June’s Recipe Chef Gason’s Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
June’s Recipe Chef Gason’s Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely diced leeks
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 14 ounces canned coconut milk
- Creme fraiche or sour cream for topping
- Garlic infused Olive oil (optional)
- Begin by roasting the sweet potatoes. Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Coat sweet potato halves with oil. Place down on a lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes at 400-degrees F. Discard peels. Transfer to a bowl and thoroughly mash.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Add leeks, onion, and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Grate garlic cloves directly into the pan. Sprinkle in dried oregano, ground ginger, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and coconut milk. Bring to a low simmer; continue to simmer on low heat until potatoes are ready.
- Whisk in mashed sweet potatoes until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm. If you so desire, garnish with chopped green onion, creme fraiche, or sour cream and drizzled with infused garlic olive oil.
This recipe makes about 6 cups