https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/79d.023.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/GuacamoleandShrimpToastPoint-scaled.jpg?time=1642494143 1232 924 BTC https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/79d.023.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Breaking-The-Chains-Foundation-Logo-Circle-300x300.png BTC2021-08-10 10:51:162022-01-10 10:52:40August’s Recipe Guacamole & Shrimp Toast Points
- 1 baguette, French bread or toast points —, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil for drizzling
For the shrimp:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp —, peeled & deveined,
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt —, or more if needed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
For the avocado spread:
- 2 large ripe avocados —, mashed
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small garlic clove minced
Pico de Gallo
- 1 lb tomatoes (3-4 medium), diced
- 1/2 medium onion (1 cup chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice from 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Bake baguette slices for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Take out of the oven and drizzle with just a little olive oil.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, until pink. Transfer to a serving plate and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over shrimp.
- In a bowl mash avocado and season with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Add garlic if you’d like.
- Spread mashed avocado over baked bread and then top each piece with shrimp.
- For Pico In a medium bowl, diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and chopped cilantro. Stir in 2 Tbsp lime juice and lightly season with salt & pepper season to taste.
Makes 4-6 servings depending on size of shrimp